In this page we will be presenting information which is the prevailing position of Mr Berger and his church. We will be updating this page, as his church "project" pushes further into the realm of acceptance and legitimizing, sexual immorality. We want to state clearly that we are not judging any person or people. We embrace the teachings of Jesus Christ to love the sinner but hate the sin. This applies to all sin and all people, ourselves included.
Matthew 19:3 The Pharisees came also unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he who made man at the beginning, made him, male and female.
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What, therefore, God hath joined together, let no man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He said unto them, Moses, because of the hardness of your heats, suffered you to put away your wives; but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery; and whoso marrieth her that is put away, doth commit adultery.
During 2019, Mr. Berger's close group have stated:
1. They do not believe in "legal marriage" which, by virtue, means that they also do not believe in "legal divorce".
Mr. Berger's "advocate" (Brazilian "lawyer") and also his "church Patriarch", Mr. Vendimiatti, stated in the summer of 2019 that Mr Berger is "divorced" from his wife of 20 years. Yet, by December of 2019 Mr. Berger was back living with his former "wife". This makes one ask logical questions:
- What is Mr. Berger's definition of "marriage"?
- What is Mr. Berger's definition of "divorce"?
- What is Mr. Berger's definition of "adultry"?
- What is Mr. Berger's definition of "fornication"?
- Does Mr. Berger and his church believe that they are above the law of God?
2. Mr. Berger believes in "Celestial Marriage".
- Will this lead to "plural wives/husbands"? (remember, homosexuality is now approved within Mr. Berger's church)
- If there is no "legal marriage" then this clearly opens the way for multiple sexual partners, of any chosen sexual orientation.
3. Mr. Berger's church Patriarch condones "plural marriage", as he encouraged another member to "marry" a currently married man.
4. Within Mr. Berger's church there have been at least 2 women that they, themselves, reportedly had stable good marriages which were then ruined as a result of their involvement with Mr. Berger - 1st was declared to be a former plural wife of Mr. Berger when he was allegedly Joseph Smith Jr. the 2nd woman was declared by Mr. Berger, in April of 2019, to be his former lover when he was allegedly Joseph Smith Jr. Both of these women have now left Mr. Berger's group.
5. Some of the most recent people who have left Mr. Berger's group have reported that Mr. Berger articulated to them that sex outside of marriage is acceptable - even if both people are married to other people, especially if it was in order to procreate the baby who would become "the One Mighty and Strong".
In the above youtube video of Mr. Berger's November "conference" (at the time between 1 minute and 2:25), Mr. Berger announces to his church that ALL communities are welcome including the LGBT community. When Mr. Berger states that the LGBT community is welcome, he clearly means "come as you are, no repentance necessary".
Mr. Berger has indeed baptized people who were in openly homosexual relationships prior to their baptism and continue in their openly homosexual relationships after baptism. One of these "couples" has now moved to Palhoca (the declared "Kirtland" of Mr. Berger's church), and lives in a home paid for through the financial donations to Mr. Berger and his church "missionaries", although we have been told that they are not "missionaries". Mr. Berger is reported to have accepted one of the newly baptized members former ordination of his priesthood in the LDS church.
*UPDATE March, 2020 - Mr. Berger reportedly lost financial support due to his doctrinal position on the above matter. As a result he has reportedly excommunicated those people who he previously baptized. Seeing the blatant lies and inconsistencies the people have now left Mr. Berger's church and returned to their hometowns.